Author Topic: What do you dislike in Diablo mod?  (Read 909 times)

Offline hitmany

What do you dislike in Diablo mod?
« on: March 21, 2018, 06:02:47 am »
Hello Fettihit!

I saw a few reviews about this mod in chat and forums.
Someone ask to remove all invisible items and races. Someone hate charging and want Warcraft ultimate style. And someone don't like, that you need to switch knife to use magic ability.

What do you dislike? And what do you think about this reviews?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 06:04:42 am by hitmany »
Regards,
hitmany

23Alex

Re: What do you dislike in Diablo mod?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 04:58:04 pm »
I dislike the no footsteps from assassin regarding the competitive level of cs:go and I disagree with the item stalker ring which is simply overpowered on certain fun maps (awp for example).

The charging is a fun ability but can barely be used because of the fast pace I think a change to warcraft style on the ultimates might be helping with that, maybe stop moving and hold the "ultimate key" but you ain`t forced to switch to a knife while doing so.

Just my 2 cents looking forward on the other opinions especially of our active diablo mod players.

The following users thanked this post: hitmany

Offline Killaz

• UK war3 Admin
  • The one and only : KillaZ !
    • Nickname:
      Killaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 09:09:39 am »
I would say that the leveling system is also a bit dull... you really just add HP and Speed for first 50 levels...  It would be so much better if there was some sorf of active abilities or passive abilities like Warcraft style, but made in the Diablo way, based on the actual powers that are in Blizard games ...   also yea, Stalker's ring is crazy good, like Alex said <-

Also feels like most of the classes have such a little difference in between that people play just 2 of them to be honest, assasin and ninja ( some play paladin if they know how to use him ) and necromancer again, just the people who know how Diablo works... would be awesome to see more difference between them, that would make each class valuable in it's own special way

Offline hitmany

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 04:21:57 am »
Thank you very much. ::god::
I plan new gen Diablo without invisible races and items.

Bcs old Diablo have good balance and full copy from CS 1.6 Diablo 5.9 PL, so I don't want change races on old Diablo

I want more opinions about my first post from other regular players
Regards,
hitmany

Offline Choate

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 11:55:03 am »
I think the Warcraft style ultimate and abilities would be better.  Have skills on a timer or use money as mana and activated by a hot key, with higher intelligence lowering the amount of time or increasing recharge speed.

As killaz said the leveling is really boring.  It would be nice to be able to put points to skills and attributes, like in the real Diablo. 

I agree about the stalkers ring being over powered, but I think a lot of players like to play ninja.  Maybe you could try modifying it before removing it?  Maybe try making it more like stealth assassin, 100% invisible but you can see the knife, make the invisibility a skill that drains mana and will run out eventually.  I think less HP for ninja would be a lot better too

Offline icecreamarsenal

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 02:49:29 pm »
^  Well put by Choate.
I don't play this as much because my ping averages around 150 there, but I think making the UI more streamlined, similar to how it's set up on the WC3 servers would be great.

Offline Gharess

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 03:34:33 pm »
Overall I really like the Diablo mod, but few changes/improvements would be nice.

As already mentioned, the stalker ring is pretty OP, but on the other hand on some maps/spots the user is not that hard to spot, and can be easily killed with well thrown granage. BUT it probably should be removed.

Other invisibility items, not counting % invisibilty items, are basically useless and could be replaced with new ones.

Leveling is really quite dull, but honestly not sure how to change that.
But I am strongly against W3 like ultimates. The point of Diablo mod is that it's different from W3 and the main source of power are the items.

Recharge time should probably be decreased drastically, as I doubt hardly anyone is using it.

Offline R0MAN

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 04:50:31 pm »
I haven't played a lot of this mod recently but from what I remember:

The Ninja race invisibility is way to invisible for casuals and non-steamers and they simply have no idea whats killing them. Id suggest at least making the knife visible.

Barbarian when fully levelled is way too op, you have insane survivability.

Assassin is basically undead with amulet without the ult, don't see a problem.

Paladin already got one nerf and this special one jump is a joke of a special ability, I'd take and reconsider his special for a different design.

Would be nice with some new features to spice up the game like bet on winning team, and random events like a  present with $ or a unique item spawning somewhere on the map.

Anyway all servers need more advertisement in general i think.

Offline hitmany

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 07:56:18 pm »
I really like your ideas about new leveling system it's great, my mind  ::boom::
With this system it will be new gen mod and new design
We can make Diablo skills style tree, when you have 2 passive and 2 active skills.
For example, 1 race: first active skill: When you got 12 level you can use fireball skill, you can use skillpoints to levelup fireballskill
When you got 25 level you can replace fireball with firewall. You can repick to any skill in tree

But and I don't know how it will be balanced between other races and newbies

Also we can make items permanent, when you not lose item on disconnect, with big durability and you can't fix this item

And I don't know, how we must change active skill activation. Maybe Mana is good, but does it mean that you can use 5 fireballs in 1 second? It's OP
Maybe timers for activation is good too
We can use binds like +ultimate, but I like, that Diablo don't require any bind key. Maybe we can use +lookatweapon

More opinions, please

I have also some new features for this mod too
Regards,
hitmany

The following users thanked this post: R0MAN

Offline hitmany

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 04:10:57 am »
Up. are you interested in this topic?
Regards,
hitmany

Offline Killaz

• UK war3 Admin
  • The one and only : KillaZ !
    • Nickname:
      Killaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 10:41:26 am »
i really like your idea Hitmany ! i think it would make diablo much more interesting ! I will be happy to test and help ;)

Offline firmyk

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 02:21:42 pm »
I think you can add improvement  the items, not just their repair. Also recycle some items. There are useless items, but there is op (stalker ring). But please do not add active skills, I like Diablo because of its simplicity.

You can add training at the beginning, but not understanding the subjects and race is more likely associated with the language.

Offline HADOUKORE.nl

• Travincal admin
  • "Why so serious?!
    • Nickname:
      Andy Dwyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 04:26:00 pm »
The only thing i do not like about the diablo mod are the stalker's ring (unless I have it on lel) and the other races seem a bit underpowered compared to assassin at low levels.

Assassin is quite fast and I would tune him down a bit, or make the footsteps hearable. When you are at max dexterity you catch a lot of the people offguard because of the running speed.

Oh and most people choose assassin or ninja because of the no footsteps or the invisibility, i'd like to see some more variety.

23Alex

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 08:44:58 pm »
time for druid in diablo mod imune to body shots (grizzly transformation  ::screaminginfear:: ) but gets 130%  from headshots  ::think::

this idea is worth tons of  ::money::  ::horns::