Author Topic: Non-Steam players?  (Read 308 times)

Offline Cnut

Non-Steam players?
« on: April 25, 2018, 08:41:10 pm »
Goodevening everyone!

I've been playing on the WCS London server for quite some time now, and what amazes me is the amount of cheaters and non-steam players that are on there. 
I was wondering:
Is there any particular reason that non-steam players can join?
And is that the case on all servers?

Thanks lads,

Cnut

23Alex

Re: Non-Steam players?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 10:26:18 pm »
not all non-steamers are cheating and we opened the server slots for them to keep the servers filled with players rather than bots.

We would need to decrease our server number to 1 otherwise to keep it filled on nearly the full day but then we would lose players because of the highpings for half of the player base.

In any case you are welcome to report cheaters in the forum or create an admin application if you want to help us to improve the feeling for the community :)

Offline Cnut

Re: Non-Steam players?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 03:10:40 pm »
Quote from: 23Alex link=topic=2749. msg10339#msg10339 date=1524691578
not all non-steamers are cheating and we opened the server slots for them to keep the servers filled with players rather than bots.

We would need to decrease our server number to 1 otherwise to keep it filled on nearly the full day but then we would lose players because of the highpings for half of the player base.

In any case you are welcome to report cheaters in the forum or create an admin application if you want to help us to improve the feeling for the community :)

Well, if the consideration is an empty server with bots, or non-steam users and occasionaly a cheater, I'd pick the latter as well. 
Thanks for the clarification!