Author Topic: helpful  (Read 386 times)

Offline M_AterNuM

helpful
« on: September 10, 2018, 11:57:26 pm »
It would be great if the server didn't announce you were the dude that banned the cheater. That way, future cheater wannabes don't know there is an admin in their midst. Just a thought.

Offline hitmany

Re: helpful
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 06:36:26 am »
Hello, this future is part of sourcemod. I can disable showing admin nickname for all admin actions: slap, slay, kick. But can't disable it for bans. People must know who made it, if admin abuse for report about it on the forum.

For example: 4 admins on the server, 1 admin slap you and abuse it. How you will know who made it?

Also a lot of admins use different nicknames and it hard to know all this names
Regards,
hitmany

Offline Tolle

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 11:01:05 am »
Actually, I think it depends on how the cheater is banned.

Recently, I've been using the !ban command instead of using the console. This is because the "new" menus are hidden behind the player info that we see as spectators, so a lot of the time I can't see the whole menu and/or pick the right options.

Anyway, the reason I am mentioning this is that to me, it looks like the cheater just left for other players. I've tried on multiple occasions that people went "Oh nvm he left" after I banned a player.

In case you want to try this out yourself you can either write "!ban" without quotation marks in chat to see the options, or if you need to ban someone permanently for cheating:

Code: [Select]
!ban URLRemoved(1) 0 "Wallhacking and trigger ainbot"
This way you also get an easy way to elaborate on your bans. Be wary of which order the things come in, and that there aren't more players that share the same letters in the name, i.e. you want to ban "Bob", but "BobCat" is also playing.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:03:47 am by Tolle »

23Alex

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 07:36:58 am »
If you type sm_admin in console and chose in the menu to ban someone you can also ban disconnected players in case they left after you banned their friend.

Offline M_AterNuM

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 07:29:23 pm »
hey tolle i tried the command u gave me, !ban name 0 "reason" and sm_ban name 0 "reason" in chat and console respectively, but it keeps saying that more than one client met the given pattern even tho there was only one person with that name. what to do??

Offline Tolle

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 08:42:03 pm »
hey tolle i tried the command u gave me, !ban name 0 "reason" and sm_ban name 0 "reason" in chat and console respectively, but it keeps saying that more than one client met the given pattern even tho there was only one person with that name. what to do??

Did you check that the person's name wasn't inside someone else's name?

It's a bit far-fetched, but if you have someone called "typu" while someone else is called "platypus", it will not ban anyone. Apart from that, I have no idea why it wouldn't work. :(