Author Topic: Helm really needs a nerf  (Read 1466 times)

Offline M_AterNuM

Helm really needs a nerf
« on: October 26, 2018, 07:12:20 pm »
I can't break it with three ak head shots. Now that's just too broken. Its far too easy just to buy it and only show you're head from an angle and just not die even tho i shot u multiple times. Can u please look at it. thanks.

The following users thanked this post: Tolle, Grenko

23Alex

Re: Helm really needs a nerf
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 10:34:00 pm »
It is intended to be permanent and a good skill breaker for good players.
Used against me often as well and then I have to switch for body hits missing some kills because I went for the head.

Offline Choate

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 05:57:55 am »
Orc nades work really good against helm ::tonguew::

Offline Cnut

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 10:59:56 am »
There are only a couple of maps where someone with a helm can hide and not get a bodyshot. But those spots are then easy to nade or molly. Try and find a workout and otherwise: If you cant beat 'em, join 'em.

Offline M_AterNuM

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 09:07:43 pm »
ok, still tho, make it breakable at like 3 ak headshots. Its just ridiculous. A maxed out traxex just sitting at angle where only his head is showing, and me shooting his head like 5 times, just ridiculous. So yea i think having it break at like 200 ak headshots sounds fair to me. Obvious sarcasm....

23Alex

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 04:48:57 am »
We had it since the beginning on permanent then buckinminster flamed it because it was permanent (only player though) we gave in and nerfed it after that we realized that no one anymore uses helm so we made it permanent again.

Right now we have a great balance and people switching on shop menu items rather than the same 4 as always which displays that there is no "meta" which we would dislike.

If there are maps with broken positions for helmet rather report the maps we are build for normal maps anyway or at least that is the plan and fun maps just to kill time until enough players join. (yeah we know about the voting bug couldn't fix it yet)

Offline Tolle

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 07:36:06 am »
I agree with Aternum.

My problem isn't with helm per say, but the way people play when they buy it. I rarely see helm bought as a counter item, but as a "let me sit here"-item. With permanent charges, people tend to camp.

With that said, I understand that it's also not used with only 2 charges. Maybe the solution is to give it 1-2 more charges - to prevent camping, and to have people take care of their positioning, but still powerful enough to counter good players.

Also, looking through the shopmenu list, items seem quite balanced with the exception of anti-wards (that only work for Shadow Hunter wards, not Witch Doctors) and Ring of Regeneration which heals too slowly for the price (imo).

Offline Hanzii7

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 10:33:49 am »

Also, looking through the shopmenu list, items seem quite balanced with the exception of anti-wards (that only work for Shadow Hunter wards, not Witch Doctors) and Ring of Regeneration which heals too slowly for the price (imo).

Agreed on the ring. When I played in 1.6, you could buy 1 ring for 1000$(should be 1 coin). However, back then, you could buy up to 5 rings, only holding 1 of your 2 item slots. Maybe we could do that too.

E.G: I type: "ring3". I pay 3 coins, and I heal thrice as fast as opposed to a guy with only "ring1", who obviously only payed 1 coin:)

Offline Gharess

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 11:59:09 am »
i dont think this is such a good idea
in my opinion the heal is right for the price of the ring

the items should not be more powerful than their skilll counterparts (shadow hunters heal in this case)
having 3 rings you could just wait few seconds and get back in the fight with full hp

not to mention the development costs of such exception in the item limit

Offline M_AterNuM

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 05:50:43 pm »
Yea my problem isn't with the item persay, but that i don't think u can ever break it. All i'm saying is if someone is gonna buy and use it, i should be able to kill u with lets say 5 headshots with an ak. I don't think thats too much to ask. Its just silly watching someone getting dinked with an ak continuously for like 5 shots and not die. And i'm not talking about a class with other abilities that can save u from getting killed with 5 ak headshots. Just a class with 100 hp. So yea, its not a radical idea for an item to break. just sayin. Let me knw what u think..

23Alex

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 07:35:28 pm »
You can't break health either, if we talk like that health should only give +50 health and not be able to regenerate / lifesteal back otherwise people tend to camp to get back full life into a fight :p

You see my point here? ^^

Rather collect the maps (which are probally only aim maps) which got bugged ancles you possibly can't cross.
I only know one so far which is aim_ak_colt2 or something like that.

I use helm sometimes on normal maps depending on the player and ring quite often especially if I play sacred warrior or shadow hunter to enhance the healing.

PS:

Just to clear this up, I love great input and it literally showed that we have broken maps currently we shouldn't have I simply think the problem was spotted on the wrong thing.

As I said priority is more on broken maps rather than reducing items because they are "op" on one or two maps, so far I know these maps are not so popular anyway because after some time someone takes orc and throw nades against others using helm - while on normal maps no one cares that hard since he can avoid certain stuff

Offline M_AterNuM

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 09:15:38 pm »
ok final post to make my case, we had helm before and it used to break. Why make it unbreakable?. I don't get it. Lower level players dont even use items , much less helm. and I don't think im alone in this. when someone gets shot continuously only on the head with any type of gun, no matter how much hp u got,u should be able to die. at some point. But with helm, im not even sure u can. Warcraft or not.

Offline Tolle

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2018, 10:30:20 pm »
Rather collect the maps (which are probally only aim maps) which got bugged ancles you possibly can't cross.

No offense, but you're the only one talking maps. I enjoy the aim maps, and I think it would be a shame to take them out because helm gives people too great an advantage. I've also seen helm used in maps like de_dust2, too, on A site, where there are some good positions - especially for short.

The argument Aternum and I are making is that helm shouldn't have unlimited charges because of the reasons like suggesting camping and forcing playstyles on others. Whether you agree or disagree with this is totally your decision, but the blame we put is on the item.

As for other shop items, I guess a new thread could be made for those if people think it's necessary.

Offline Para

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 07:10:22 am »
Hello, I also wanted to join in the discussion :D
Since I heard several times a few months ago that the helm with unlimited charges is most likely available to counter the people with aimbot, we got such a good team at the moment which is online a lot and prevents anyone from hacking on the server.
Imo there should be around 5 charges to get a fair trade for the gold you use.
 :)

Offline R0MAN

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 12:00:14 am »
I'm for nerfing this. An argument that it's a skill cap closer is not sufficient as a good player may buy it and be even more unkillable for the newbs.