Author Topic: SlowChat #1: Busy winter months..  (Read 449 times)

Offline Cnut

SlowChat #1: Busy winter months..
« on: November 28, 2018, 10:01:50 am »
Welcome to the first ever SlowChat (that I know off on this forum).
It might catch on, it might not, we'll see.

So where's everybody been? Its been quiet on the servers.

Offline Tolle

Re: SlowChat #1: Busy winter months..
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 10:05:55 am »
I have a mix of three factors that's been limiting my play:

1. Moved and had no internet for 14 days.
2. Doing a teaching practice period of 5 weeks atm, which includes weird hours and less time for other stuff, so the "chill out time" in the evening isn't always there.
3. Dead Cells is a pretty good game :D

What about you?  ::raisingh::

Offline Cnut

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 02:44:34 pm »
I have a mix of three factors that's been limiting my play:

1. Moved and had no internet for 14 days.
2. Doing a teaching practice period of 5 weeks atm, which includes weird hours and less time for other stuff, so the "chill out time" in the evening isn't always there.
3. Dead Cells is a pretty good game :D

What about you?  ::raisingh::

No internet for 14 days ::fearful::.
And yer a teacher right, dont you teachers have tons of holidays? (I know, I know, holidays are also filled with work. My mates also a teacher and gets really annoyed when people ask that question).

And because its the end of the year everyone here has to get their targets, which means im overclocking most of my days.

Dead Cells any good?

Offline Tolle

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 08:48:43 pm »
Still undergoing education, so not in work yet.

But sure, I'll be getting my share of vacation. :D

Your life sounds stressful mate. Ya better clock out with some CS then! Dead Cells is also good, yes, and it's the perfect "play as much as you like, then leave" game. Bought it yesterday after having played a "demo".  ::smirking::

Offline hitmany

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 04:56:25 pm »
SlowChat what is it?
Regards,
hitmany

Offline Tolle

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 10:32:29 pm »
SlowChat what is it?

A way to talk about anything you like with everyone in the thread. An invitation for everyone to talk about whatever comes to mind.  ::tonguew::

Offline Cnut

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 04:28:37 pm »
I was kinda looking to open up a suggestion for a chat box, but then I figured a SlowChat would work just as well.

Tolle, you've been here for quite some time now I believe, is it usually "quiet" on the server these wintermonths? I remember it being a lot busier in the summer

Offline Tolle

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 07:23:55 am »
We'll see what happens when it comes to a slow chat. :P

As to your question Cnut, you basically said it yourself. It's not necessarily certain months, but more like a chain of events. You'll have some people be more busy due to work or school, and the natural effect is less players which fosters fewer to be online on the reg.

That said, it's always kinda slow during summer where people might be on vacation and then pick up in August when everyon's back :D It's a shame, 'cause it feels really good to log in during the evening and see there being already 12 players playing (happened in April/May and August). During current months I usually check before even opening the game..

I want to throw a question out there if anyone decides to join us, and it's also for you Cnut :p

What are people's hobbies besides gaming?
I just picked up the manuals for Dungeons and Dragons, and I intend to become a DUNGEON MASTER::nerd::

23Alex

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 03:51:28 pm »
Once you are dungeon master and start a game over skype / teamspeak for example with a free tool like https://roll20.net/ hit me up.

Gonna get get my one punch man back into the game  ::screaminginfear:: ::winkgrin:: (monk without weapons literally killing everything with 1 punch because I found legendary gloves the last time I played xD)

Offline Tolle

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 07:23:12 pm »
Haha, heck yeah! I'll see what happens. I've considered Roll20, but I wanna be able to properly tell a story before starting :p

Gloves that one-punch? Sounds OP. I like it!  ::cool:: ::cool::

23Alex

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 09:13:41 pm »
My dices were simply lucky and the townfolk did regret their foolish mistakes if they didn't offer me free stuff.
#chaosneutral

Offline Cnut

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 09:45:43 am »
We'll see what happens when it comes to a slow chat. :P

I want to throw a question out there if anyone decides to join us, and it's also for you Cnut :p

What are people's hobbies besides gaming?
I just picked up the manuals for Dungeons and Dragons, and I intend to become a DUNGEON MASTER::nerd::

Dungeons and Dragons, other than a half-hearted attempt to play with a couple of friends I've never gotten into it. Was about to watch some YT'ers play a match, but couldnt bring myself to watch hours and hours of a game I'm not familiar with. Do you got any recommendations?

As of my hobbies, I love tinkering on the old Saab and airsofting with friends.

Offline Tolle

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 06:14:10 am »
Dungeons and Dragons, other than a half-hearted attempt to play with a couple of friends I've never gotten into it. Was about to watch some YT'ers play a match, but couldnt bring myself to watch hours and hours of a game I'm not familiar with. Do you got any recommendations?

As of my hobbies, I love tinkering on the old Saab and airsofting with friends.

Man, airsoft is one of those forbidden nectars to me. I think it would be so fun to play, but I can't get behind shooting plastic pellets that nobody is ever going to pick up. Or what? I just googled and saw you can actually get biodegradeable ones, though I doubt everyone uses them.

As for D&D, the best way to get into it I think would be to listen to a D&D podcast. There are tons around, and some are more lighthearted than other. What I really like it you get insight into how the game can be run, and you realize that the rules don't have to be as rigid as the books make them out to be. :D